WHAT ARE THE DATES & VENUES FOR DOWNLOAD 2020?
Download Melbourne takes place at Melbourne Showgrounds on Friday 20 March 2020.
WHERE IS THE VENUE?
Download Melbourne takes place at Melbourne Showgrounds, Epsom Rd, Ascot Vale.
HOW DO I GET THERE?
Located just 7km from Melbourne CBD and 15 minutes from Melbourne Airport, Melbourne Showgrounds is easily accessible by car, taxi, train or tram.
Melbourne Showgrounds has its own train station that operates for selected events only. Special event train details will be made available on the event calendar when required.
Route 57 tram (West Maribyrnong to Elizabeth Street, City), stops at stop 32 (Showgrounds Village Shopping Centre on Epsom Road). Please note that the previously serviced stop 33 is no longer in use. Please listen to onboard announcements or check with your tram driver.
Bus No. 472 (Williamstown to Moonee Ponds) stops along Langs Road.
Bus No. 404 (Footscray to Moonee Ponds) stops on the corner of Epsom and Ascot Vale Roads.
CAN I DRIVE?
Yes, however we strongly encourage ticket holders to catch public transport. Melbourne Showgrounds provides limited onsite parking for events. Please check the details of your event via the event calendar prior to arrival for entry gates and parking costs.
WHEN DO TICKETS GO ON SALE?
Previous Years Purchaser Presale commences from 11am (AEDT) Friday 8 November
Moshtix & Ticketmaster Presale commences from 12pm (AEDT) Monday 11 November
General Onsale commences from 12pm (AEDT) Wednesday 13 November
IS THERE A LIMIT TO HOW MANY TICKETS I CAN BUY?
You can purchase up to 10 tickets per transaction for the presales and General Public onsale. Please note, you will be unable to book more than 10 tickets per Moshtix account.
IS DOWNLOAD 18+?
Download Festival is strictly an 18+ event. No minors under the age of 18 are permitted. Valid photo ID is required to enter the event, purchase and/or consume alcohol.
I NEED TO CONTACT SOMEONE ABOUT TICKETING?
WHAT PAYMENT METHODS ARE AVAILABLE?
Visa, Visa Checkout, MasterCard, PayPal and TTP (Time To Pay).
CAN I PURCHASE TICKETS TO TWO DIFFERENT EVENTS IN THE ONE TRANSACTION?
You can purchase the “Double Down” ticket which is for both Sydney and Melbourne events.
CAN I PURCHASE DIFFERENT TICKET TYPES IN ONE SINGLE TRANSACTION?
It is not possible to purchase different ticket types in one transaction.
WHAT DOES AN RIP TICKET INCLUDE?
Take your Download 2020 experience up a few notches. Forget VIP, you can RIP!
One General Admission ticket to Download Festival
VIP Express Line at Entry
Exclusive Download Festival merchandise item
Commemorative Download Festival VIP laminate
Exclusive Access to the RIP Viewing Area which includes -
- A view of the main stage
- VIP bar and food stalls
- Official Download merchandise stand
- VIP Cloak Room
- VIP toilets
- Complimentary WIFI and phone charging stations
- VIP Shade and seating areas
CAN I USE DOWNLOAD’S FACEBOOK TO TRY TO BUY OR SELL A TICKET?
No! Any posts on our Facebook about buying and selling tickets will be removed. Tickets cannot be obtained through any other means, such as unauthorised ticket resellers (ie: Viagogo), Gumtree or by direct transfer from another individual.
HOW MUCH ARE TICKETS?
General Admission tickets are $189 + BF
RIP Tickets are $349 + BF
Double Down(load) Tickets (for both Sydney & Melbourne) are $360 + BF
HOW DO I AVOID BUYING FRAUDULANT TICKETS?
Only purchase tickets through Download’s official ticketing partner Moshtix. Avoid unauthorised re-sellers and auction sites such as Viagogo, StubHub, Gumtree and eBay.
WILL I GET IN TO DOWNLOAD WITH A FORGED TICKET?
Any tickets to Download found to be tampered with or forged will not be valid.
IF I CAN’T MAKE IT, CAN I GET A REFUND?
There are no refunds, credits or exchanges on any ticket except as required by the Live Performance Australia Industry Code of Practice (for example if an event is postponed or cancelled etc).
I ACCIDENTALLY PURCHASED TICKETS TO THE WRONG LOCATION; CAN I EXCHANGE THEM OR GET A REFUND?
You must take care when selecting and purchasing tickets. Please be aware there are no refunds or exchanges on ticket purchases. Incorrect purchases DO NOT qualify for a refund.
ARE WRISTBANDS EXCHANGEABLE, I.E. CAN I PASS MINE ONTO MY FRIEND IF I DON’T WANT TO STAY?
No, wristbands are strictly non-transferable. Once your wristband is on, it should not be removed for the duration of the event. If you are found without a wristband you will be asked to leave the venue.
AT THE EVENT
WHEN DOES DOWNLOAD OPEN & CLOSE?
Download Festival gates open from 11:00am and close at 10:00pm.
IS THERE A PLACE TO STORE MY THINGS AT DOWNLOAD?
Yes Download Festival has Cloakrooms where you can store your things. All bags over the size of 30cm (l) x 20cm (w) x 5cm (d) will not be allowed into the event area so pack light. Any backpacks and bags larger than 30cm (l) x 20cm (w) x 5cm (d) must be stored at the Cloakroom prior to entering the festival.
WHEN WILL PLAYING TIMES BE RELEASED?
Full playing times will be released closer to the Festival date.
WHAT FORM OF ID WILL I NEED AT THE FESTIVAL?
Below is a list of the acceptable Adult (18+) ID required to enter the festival;
- A driver’s or rider’s licence or permit (issued by an Australian State or Territory or any foreign country)
- Australian passport or a foreign passport issued by another country
- NSW photo card (issued by Roads and Maritime Services NSW)
- Proof of age card issued by a public authority of the Commonwealth or of another State or Territory for the purpose of attesting to a person’s identity and age
- Keypass (over 18) identity card issued by Australia Post. For over 18s, photocopied ID and student ID cards do not qualify nor do bills or letters.
WHAT IF I LOSE MY ID BEFORE THE FESTIVAL?
Get it replaced ASAP. You must have valid ID to enter the festival. It is a legal requirement. Even with a valid ticket, you will not be admitted without ID.
WHAT ITEMS ARE ALLOWED & BANNED FROM DOWNLOAD?
Basic common-sense rules apply at Download so we can all have a good time. This includes banning certain items to guarantee general safety and comfort at the event and to ensure we also follow the letter of the law.
Bags will be searched and patrons will be ‘wanded’ by security before entering the Festival (similar to walking through a metal detector). This is for patron safety, so please be patient and ensure you’ve reviewed the Allowed & Banned Items list below before you arrive.
If you have brought a prohibited item, you can cloak it safely at our Cloak Room facility and collect them on your way out. Here is a list of what you CAN and CAN’T bring into the festival.
- Small backpacks – no larger than an A4 piece of paper and 5cm deep (30cm L x 20cm W x 5cm D)
- Small cameras
- Sunscreen – this will also be available at locations around the festival including the Info Booth, Cloak Room and Medical Tent
- Specific bags to house essential medical items will be allowed into the event area.
- Large backpacks
- No BYO alcohol at all
- Aerosol containers (including sunscreen and personal beauty products)
- Professional cameras, video and audio recording devices, including GoPros, Drones or any other remote flying device
- Totems, flags or banners
- Coolers or eskies of any kind (exceptions may be made for medical use)
- Glass and metal containers of any kind
- Fireworks, flares or sparklers (all strictly monitored)
- Illegal and illicit substances of any kind
- Drugs or drug paraphernalia
- Umbrellas (please use a raincoat or poncho instead)
- Radios or walkie-talkies
- Pets – this does not include Service Animals or other animals that provide assistance too patrons with disabilities
- Skateboards, scooters and bicycles inside the festival
- Tents, canopies or shade structures of any kind
- Unauthorised/unlicensed vendors are not allowed. No unauthorized solicitation and materials including handbills, flyers, stickers, beach balls, give-aways, samples, etc.
- No chairs of any kind
- No inflatable anything (rafts, chairs, pineapples etc.)
- Selfie sticks
- Milk crates
- Weapons of any kind
- Laser lights
- Water pistols
- Protest Paraphernalia incl. banners
WILL THERE BE VEGETARIAN, VEGAN & GLUTEN FREE OPTIONS?
There sure will be! There will be a wide variety of vego, vegan and gluten free food options at Download Festival.
WILL THERE BE ATM’S ON SITE?
Yes. There will be ATM terminals at the Festival.
CAN I BRING MY BAG TO DOWNLOAD?
Small bags and backpacks no larger than the size of an A4 piece of paper are permitted. Bags larger than this must be cloaked at the Cloak Room. The maximum size dimensions are 30cm (L) x 20cm (W) x 5cm (D).
DO YOU HAVE SECURITY AND POLICE?
There will be security and police present at the Festival and entrances to the Festival.
IS THERE A MEDICAL CENTRE AT DOWNLOAD?
Yes, we have a well-equipped Medical Centre with trained professionals and emergency services. Head there if you need any help.
IS THERE LOST AND FOUND AT DOWNLOAD?
If you lose or find something during the Festival, head to the Information Booth where they can assist you.
WILL MY BAG BE SEARCHED?
Yes. Any bag entering the Festival will be subject to bag search.
AFTER THE EVENT
I LEFT MY BAG IN THE CLOAK ROOM. I LOST MY WALLET. CAN YOU HELP ME?
Please email us at [email protected]
Any lost property handed in over the festival will be held for 28 days after the event in our lost property department. Any lost property not claimed by its rightful owner after 28 days will be disposed of in the following manner:
- Valuables (e.g. Identification, licences, credit cards) will be handed to the local Police Station
- Clothing, and any other reusable non-valuable items in good order will be donated to local charities.
- All other items will be disposed of or destroyed.
I FORGOT TO BUY MERCHANDISE. CAN I PURCHASE IT ONLINE?
Any merchandise still available from the event will be available to purchase from the Download website.
FOOD & MARKETS
HOW DO I APPLY FOR A FOOD OR MARKET STALL?
If you have a food or market stall you would like to pitch for Download, email us at [email protected]
Please ensure you include your name, business, a brief description, contact number and which city you are interested in. If the Festival is interested, we will contact you with an application form.
CAN I GET SOME INFORMATION ABOUT ACCESSIBILITY?
Once you have secured your tickets, get in touch our dedicated Access Liaison who will be available to deliver you hands-on accessibility information and support. Get in touch [email protected]
WHAT'S THE SITE LIKE FOR GETTING AROUND?
Melbourne Showgrounds is an outdoor site mainly consisting of green fields, bitumen roads and concrete pathways. Like any outdoor field, terrain can be uneven and become muddy following rainfall.
IS THERE PARKING CLOSE TO THE FESTIVAL SITE ENTRANCE FOR PATRONS WITH DISABILITY?
Yes, there will be designated parking for disability patrons close to the festival entrance, in addition to a dedicated disability and accessibility patrons Pick Up and Drop Off area.
Accessible parking is available at Melbourne Showgrounds via Gate 2. Please note that this is the
opposite side to the festival entry. Buggies will be available to transport you to the festival entrance
if needed. Please email [email protected] should you require additional information surrounding arrival and departure.
- If you’re arriving by Train the Showgrounds station will be open. This station is fully accessible.
Ride Share (Drop off/Pick up)
- If you’re coming by taxi or rideshare the best place you can be dropped off is at the Gate 2 entry at Epson Rd.
Venue Access and seating
- There is only one entry gate at gate 1 on Epson Rd
- There will be an accessible ticketing lane on the day
- Accessible seating is available at the Red & Black Main-stages. There is also an accessible viewing platform at the Avalanche Stage.
- Service and guide dogs are permitted entry into Melbourne Showgrounds and the spending area is external to the festival.
- Accessible bathrooms are located throughout the venue and for those accessing the viewing platform accessibility bathrooms are located directly behind the platform. Please ask any of the friendly staff or security for directions.
- Melbourne Showgrounds has its own Changing Places facilities accessible via an MLAK key. The changing places facilitate is located in the centre of Melbourne Showgrounds near the Pie In the Sky.
WHAT IS THE COMPANION CARD POLICY?
Upon approval of request, Download Festival will issue Companions with a complimentary PDF ticket (maximum 1x carer per paid ticket holder), equivalent to the ticket type held by the Companion Card holder.
To request a Companion Card ticket, please submit a request via tixsupport.moshtix.com.au and include the following details:
- Confirmation email from ticketing agent with proof of valid ticket to the event including the order number
- Scan of valid Companion Card
- Full name of Companion
- Email address of Companion
- Date of birth of Companion
Service Animals and other animals that provide assistance to patrons with disabilities are allowed at this event.
If you have any enquiries regarding companion cards and facilities at the festival, please contact [email protected]
WHAT TYPE OF ROLES WILL VOLUNTEERS BE DOING?
Our Download Festival volunteers can be found across the festival site assisting with a wide variety of areas! Some of the areas that volunteers work in are:
- Site Set-Up
WHAT'S THE DEAL?
Volunteers applying for the PreFest Volunteer position must be able to complete 1 x full day shift (8 hours) during the week leading up to the Festival.
The reward for completing your PreFest shift is 1 x Festival Entry (18+) ticket.
Volunteers applying for a position with the Event Volunteer team must be available between 7am and midnight on the day of the Festival, and must be available for morning, afternoon, and night shifts.
Volunteers who complete 1 x 5-hour shift during the event will receive 1 x Festival Entry (18+) ticket.
WHEN DO I FIND OUT IF I’VE BEEN ACCEPTED AS A VOLUNTEER, AND WHEN DO I GET BY ROSTER?
All applicants will be advised of their application status by Tuesday 10 March. Applications after this date will be notified within 48 hours.
Rosters will be released in the week leading up to the event.
IS THERE AN APPLICATION FOR BANDS TO PLAY AT DOWNLOAD?
No, all bands are hand-picked and curated by the Promoter. However, there is an opportunity via triple j Unearthed who give one Australian act the opportunity to perform at Download Festival.
HOW DO I CONTACT SOMEONE AT DOWNLOAD?
Please contact us at [email protected]